COVID-19 UPDATE: We are continuing all operations while taking care to follow CDC guidelines
JAG Companies Career Opportunities
JAG Companies believes that employees are an essential part of our business and that a commitment to customer service is essential. We further believe in the spirit of teamwork and success and that each of us has a contribution that’s crucial to our company’s success. If you are interested in joining a leader in the construction industry, please review current opportunities. If qualified, please send us your resume below.
Construction Superintendent – Underground Utilities
Are you looking for a fast-paced & challenging opportunity?
Are you interested in being a part of an organization that recognizes Reputation, Work Ethic, and Team Accomplishment?
Do you agree Safety is a top priority? Safety, it’s not optional!
If yes, then we have an opportunity for YOU to join our Northeast Remsco Construction team as a Superintendent.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position is to have 7+ years’ experience with utility/heavy civil work in and around the 5 boros of NY & NJ markets. Strong knowledge in underground utility installation, overall knowledge of heavy equipment and capabilities, local union labor rules and regulations. Work in conjunction with the Project Manager to safely and productively build the work on time and within budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of contracts and subcontracts to execute the work efficiently
- Scheduling and implementing the work, workings with the Project Manager to develop the basic sequencing and duration of work activities required
- Follow Safety rules and educate employees on proper procedures
- Equipment Utilization, know equipment capabilities and schedule same to build job efficiently, gather monthly equipment reports and inform shop of any mechanical issues requiring immediate attention.
- Labor Utilization, working knowledge of union Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) where applicable and understand the separation of work by trade, and efficiently utilizes manpower to minimize project cost
- Cost, Payment, and Production, understand approach, crewing and production rates used at the time of bid, monitors production, and compares with as-bid goals. Makes adjustments to the operation as needed to improve production, and efficiency and track quantities and assemble monthly estimates in coordination with the Project Manager, check and prepare daily reports and timesheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Education – High School or equivalent
- Specialized knowledge in underground utility installation.
- Ability to comprehend plans and specs, general computer and math skills, strong communication, both verbal and written with onsite inspectors, engineers, owner’s reps, employees of all levels. Able to articulate job progress, problems, delays in meeting type settings.
- Ability to delegate work & provide strong decision-making & problem-solving skills.
- Experience – 7+ years of utility installation in the NYC market.
JAG Companies Inc. is the parent company of construction industry firms Northeast Remsco Construction, Inc., Caldwell Marine International, LLC, Huxted Tunneling, LLC, and ECI Drilling International, LLC. Family owned and operated for over forty years, JAG Companies is ranked annually in the Top 50 largest Hispanic-owned companies in the United States. The companies maintain their MBE certification through the National Minority Supplier Development Council. JAG Companies continues to experience growth with their core values of REPUTATION-WORK ETHIC-TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT.
Each candidate for this position will be given a pre-employment drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time